Oh Hello! and Welcome to my blOg! Baking is a huge passion of mine. My blog documents my baking adventures, some healthy, some not even close, and my daily bumblings. Enjoy!
It all started back when I was about 2 years old with my mom. She loved to bake and I loved to watch, well in all honesty I liked to sneak little tastes when she wasn’t looking. My favorite place was on a tall stool so I could watch everything that was happening. At around eight years old I had several of my favorite recipes memorized and would bake all summer long. My absolute favorite was ooey gooey brownies fresh from the oven. I loved how the smell wafted through our home and made your mouth water. My mom always joked that pumpkin muffins was the only sure way to get me out of bed on a Saturday morning.
As I grew older my passion for baking didn’t die. I started baking up a storm when I was in college. One time I stayed up till 2 am making a 9 layer cake for one of my best friend’s birthdays. I absolutely love it and love the joy it brings to people.
Now, I’m in the city of love, Paris! Studying pastry at Le Cordon Bleu! I will be here for at least a year making my way around Europe, eating way too many treats (taste tasting of course), and just having a blast. The Cordon Bleu is incredible and I’ve had such a great experience so far. I would recommend it to anyone interested in studying cuisine or patisserie in Paris.
This is Peanut aka Mr Nut, Nutter Butter, Bud, or just plain Nut. My love, I miss him every day! While I’m abroad he’s bunking down with my parents in Texas.
These are a Few of My Favorite Things:
- The smell of something baking in the oven
- Exclamation marks!!!!!!! I use far too many. It’s a little ridiculous.
- Traveling – I love going somewhere I’ve never been before and experiencing the culture, food, and history. On the list: Greece, Egypt, Costa Rica, Peru, Thailand… A couple of my vacay photos…
- Clean Sheets – seriously, what’s better.. (sigh)
- Birthdays! Because it gives me a great excuse to make a cake.
- Running/Yoga/Biking/Hiking/Kayaking – I love being outdoors!
- How it smells after it rains or going to sleep to the sound of rain on my windows
- Doctor Who is my absolute Favorite TV show!
- I’ve developed an unnatural love of cows the past year? What can I say? They’re crazy cute!
The absolutely best part of baking is the joy it brings to people. There is nothing better than seeing a smile creep across someone’s face when they taste a dessert I have made. :-) Happy Baking!
Sign up for emails when there’s a post at the top right hand side or follow me on Facebook.